Are you interested in joining our innovative Family Works team at Presbyterian Support?
Registered Child and Family Psychologist or Counsellor
Ideally Full time (Part time or Job Share may be considered)
We have an exciting role for an experienced Family Worker in our Ashburton Family Works Team based at the Trevor Wilson Centre. The role is focussed on office and community/home-based support to families and children facing complex challenges. We aim to provide positive strategies and practical support and for parents, children and youth who will benefit from strength based intervention to improve their well-being and contribute to long term positive outcomes. Demonstrated skill and expertise working directly with children within the whanau context is highly desirable. This work may require collaborative and/or partnered responses either within our Family Works team or with external agencies in order to facilitate good outcomes with our clients.
We wish to appoint a caring and compassionate staff member who:
- Holds a relevant professional qualification and registration (however students in their final year will be considered on an internship basis)
- Can ideally demonstrate experience working successfully in the community and has knowledge of the range of opportunities and issues influencing positive family dynamics,
- Holds knowledge of relevant community networks and resources including those important to Maori and Pacifica families,
- Has experience in liaising with other stakeholder groups – e.g. Oranga Tamariki (CYF), CDHB and Primary Mental Health services, Work and Income, schools, other education and health providers, other relevant community agencies,
- Has a commitment to the principals of the Treaty of Waitangi, and can demonstrate cultural competence,
- Has a working knowledge of CYP&F Act, Children’s Action Plan including Vulnerable Children’s Act and Domestic Violence Act or willingness to train.
Ideally you will be IT literate and able to work in a busy environment, comfortable managing a caseload while contributing your skills and expertise to the broader team. There is some flexibility of work hours.
At Presbyterian Support we offer:
- Stimulating, challenging and rewarding work
- A motivated, experienced and creative team
- A safe, healthy and supportive working environment
- The opportunity to contribute to strengthening communities and enhancing opportunities for families
Job descriptions and application forms are available by phoning reception 03 308 5868 or e-mail Su Hutchinson, Service Manager firstname.lastname@example.org. To apply you must fill out an application form. These documents are also available below.
Applications close on 29th June 2018 5pm. Your application form, cover letter and CV must be emailed to email@example.com Confidential enquiries welcome – Phone Su Hutchinson 03 308 5868
Click here to view and download an application form.
Click here to view and download a full job description.