Help for you and your child via school
Family Workers in Schools and Kindergartens is a Family Works initiative to give help and support to children in some schools and kindergartens throughout the Upper South Island.
Our Family Workers may work with you as a parent, counsel your child one-to-one, or support your child in other ways, better suited to meet their rights and needs.
Who we help:
You can refer yourself to our Family Worker in Schools and Kindergartens service. It is free. Contact us if you are worried about:
- Your child’s emotional well-being
- Things that may be preventing your child from learning and enjoying school/kindergarten
- How well you are parenting your child
- Your child’s relationships within the family
How we help:
Our Family Workers are there as:
- Emotional support and a listening ear
- A neutral advocate for children and their families
- Someone to talk to in confidence