Bringing together family, agencies and community
When life is not working out on many levels for your family, it’s hard to feel hopeful about the future. If you are in touch with several local or government agencies, it may not feel like they’re all on your side.
The Strengthening Families initiative brings together multiple agencies to jointly focus on improving the health and wellbeing of your family. The intent is to help you become a stronger, more connected family, one where everyone has something positive to give to their community.
How it Works
The Strengthening Families initiative involves the entire community from local authorities to iwi and other community groups.
- Every region has a Local Management Group (LMG). The LMG is made up of central government, local authority, iwi and community group representatives. The LMG help to identify children, young people and families who may benefit from a deeper support structure.
- Strengthening Families Coordinators bring together the process. They work with the LMG and the community for families who may be struggling. They then encourage agencies to work together – and with you, towards creating a brighter, more positive future for you all.
How We Help
Family Works employs Strengthening Families co-ordinators in the upper South Island.
Where to start
- Contact us via this website
- Drop in to one of the Service Centres listed below
- We’re here to listen and to put you in touch with people who can help
- Click here to view and download/print the Referral and Consent form
- The completed form must be signed by the referring agency and then forwarded to your local Strengthening Families coordinator.
- Contact details of coordinators